Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tara Dress Pattern 2 Ways a Design by Litttle Kiwis

I love testing patterns from around the globe, this one is from NewZealand! This dress designed by Little Kiwis is just what I'm looking for on the perfect summer day. The pattern has not been released yet but should be by the end of the week. You can visit their shop, Little Kiwis Closet, for other patterns.




This version is tiered with tie straps, knee length...


And a zipper at the back. I made mine an exposed zipper, but the pattern explains regular zipper installation. 




You can add as much as you like to this dress to make it frilly, everything is so well explained in the tutorial, but you know me, I like it simple and classic. That zipper gives it just enough of that original detail I look for. 

Ready for version 2...




A whole set of add ons was created for the Tara dress...like a full skirt instead of tiers, and instructions on how to use this pattern for knit fabrics. Amelia insisted on this fabric and with the size of the print I couldn't add on any extra little ruffles so the full skirt worked out great for this style.





Once again, I used the exposed zipper to add interest to my dress. 

So there you have it, Tara done 2 ways.

Until next time, xx





No comments:

Post a Comment