Monday, March 3, 2014

Pintuck Blouse and Dress a Design by Heidi&Finn

Those who know me know that I love simple and beautiful details. Last week I got to test a simple top/dress with beautiful pintuck details by Heidi&Finn. The pattern is designed for either woven or knit fabrics and I made both the dress and the top is a knit. I couldn't be more pleased with how they turned out. Amelia was quite pleased too seeing that she picked out her fabric.




First up, the dress. I used a jersey knit with embroidery on it. So easy to work with because it was a bit on the heavy side. I mostly use my serger when sewing up knits so it was done it no time.



The fun part was all those little pintuck details at the neckline. They can be made as random in length as you want or all the same length. The back closes up with ties, easy on and off!



For the top I went with a more light weight fabric, a cotton linen blend jersey. I do believe from the pictures that the top is Amelia's favorite. I also have to admit that her brother, Sebastien, was giving her candy everytime she would smile big for the camera (love how my son helps me out :) )








Go check some of the other goodies that Heidi&Finn have in their Etsy shop...Just simply gorgeous!

Until next time, xx.






1 comment: