Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Best Friend Dress a Design by Ellie Inspired

I have another pattern to show you by Ellie Inspired! I thought I'd make this one for Amelia since all the attention has been on JubeJube as she gets ready to go to kindergarten. You saw the Primary Pinafore here, and today I'm showing you the Best Friend dress. By the way, great sales going on until Friday the 15th in Ellie Inspired's Esty shop...

The Ellie Inspired Back -to- School collection includes 6 new patterns for both boys and girls in sizes 1-16, 4 upgraded patterns, 1 Accessory pattern, PLUS a FREE tote pattern with every purchase. The More you buy the more you SAVE!Buy 2- Save 30%Buy 3 -Save 35%Buy 4- Save 45%Buy 6- Save 50%

Amelia chose her fabric form my stash and I think she did a fine job! Its a light weight cotton print so it can be worn all through fall layered with leggings. I didn't want to push my luck and have her wear leggings the day I took photos, it was just too hot and humid out.



The dress is knee length and has an elastic at the waist that can eithr be put in with a casing, or you can do a little bit of shirring. I went with the elastic cassing it was just easier to adjust the dress at the waist for Amelia that wasy.




The neckline is a boat shape and there is an option to have a little button closure in the back at the neckline.




Some of the pattern details:

  • Size range from 1 - 16
  • Designed for kint and woven fabrics
  • Easy to follow instructions 
  • Fast sew (I spent more time taping my pattern together than sewing up this pretty little dress)
  • Dress is to the knee, short sleeves, boat neck with button closure.



You might want to take a look at what others have made with these patterns, just click on the links to other stops on the tour!






Still more to come tomorrow!
Until next time, xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment