Thursday, December 11, 2014

Cookie Exchange

Taking some time away from sewing today and heading to the kitchen to bake up some yummy chocolate chip butter cookies. This is my favorite cookie recipe, and if you ask my sister, she'll tell you that their her favorites too. A couple of years ago I had over baked them just a touch but didn't want to bring them to my cookie exchange. She stood next to me at the counter and as she ate many of them (I say 12, but she argues it was 16) said they were fine. I kid you not, its a true story!




So last year I shared with you my secret sour cream coffee cake recipe and this year its the chocolate chip butter cookies. I love making these cookies because its so easy for the kids to help out and they're usually fail proof.


Here's what you'll need to make them:

  • 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/4 cup soft butter
  • 1 cup icing sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cup mini chocolate chip

Mix flour and salt together, set aside. Cream butter and gradually add icing sugar and vanilla. Add flour and salt to the butter mixutre gradually and mix until fully blended together. Add in mini chocolate chips. 

Make 1 inch in daimeter balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press cookies flat with the help of glass or cup that has been dipped in flour. This is where I get the kids to help. Yes the kitchen gets a little covered in flour, but we do end up haveing a good time. 

Bake at 325°F for 10 to 11 minutes (time may vary slightly from your oven to mine)
This recipe makes about 6 dozen. Once cookies are cooled you can wrap them and freeze them for up to 2 months. 




Since I made these cookies for an exchange I wraped them in cute little penguin bags. You can also put them in mason jars, pretty them up with ribbon and now they're perfect for gifting to neighbors or teachers.



If you'd like to print out some gift tags visit The Lost Bumble Bee, she has a ton of free printables!

Until next time, xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment