Monday, June 8, 2015

Rag Quilt Pattern by A Vision to Remember

A Vision To Remember has wonderful rag quilt patters available in the DIY Crush pattern shop. The one I'm reviewing today is the Butterfly Applique Rag quilt. 



For this project I used my much hoarded left over pieces of Michael Miller's Bella Butterfly. This quilt should have a butterfly applique, but me being me, used a huge print where the butterfly was  to be placed and felt it would be silly to hide the fabric (and yes it does say in the pattern instructions to use a more plain print for those big 11" X 11" pieces).



It was nice to make something different other than clothing, and also not spend too much time putting everything together. The longest part I would honestly say was waiting to see the end result while the quilt was in the washer and dryer. I'm sometimes a little impatient that way, but the quilt needs to be put through this process to get that frayed look.




The finished measurements of this quilt is about 30 inches by 40 inches, but nothing is stopping you from making it bigger if you want to. This size makes it perfect for a car seat cover, details on how to do that are included in the insturctions.

For the backing I used a soft pain flanel to give this little blanket some weight. There are also other tips included on how to use three layers of fabric or batting depending to the thickness you want to have.

I think this would make the perfect girft for a new baby.



Be sure to check out the other vendors on DIY Crush for your knitting, sewing and embroidery patterns.

Excuse me while I break up a fight between JubeJube and Amelia...they both want that quilt!
Until next time, xx.

4 comments:

  1. I am so in love with it! Beautiful fabric choices for the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous.... love rag quilts and this one is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for reviewing this pattern for us!! It turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete